Last Revised: August 1st, 2021
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website available at: www.smashfranchise.com as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by the Company (collectively, our “Website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website or in emails and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and information gathered when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites if such advertisements include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party, or information collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website (for further information, see below, “Third-party Websites”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Website. By using our Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
- What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share personal information about you in accordance with this Policy. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user, household or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, the Website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from users of the Website within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers.||First and last name, postal address, company name, email address, telephone number, zip code, any information you include in free text boxes.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|Geolocation data.||Real-time physical location or movements.||NO|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information.||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. For example, when you:
- subscribe to our e-mail distribution list;
- submit your contact information or zip code through the website;
- schedule a demonstration; or
- communicate with us, such as request information.
Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing our services to you.
Directly and indirectly from activity on our Website. For example, from website usage details that are collected automatically. Some automated information collection tools we may use include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use either (or both) of them: (a) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser; and (b) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire. We may use the following categories of cookies on the Website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your interactions with the Website, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies/Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. These cookies remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of the third-party marketers we engage with may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Pixels. A pixel or “tracking pixel” is an HTML code snippet, which is loaded when a user visits a website or opens an email. Pixels track user behavior and conversions, but not Personal Information. Pixels allow Company to acquire Website interaction data for online marketing, web analysis, or email marketing.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Preference Based Advertising. We may work with third parties, including advertising companies who use automated information collection tools to collect non-Personal information when you visit our Website and third-party sites. This non-Personal Information is typically used by these third-party advertising companies (e.g., advertising networks) to serve you with advertisements while on third-party sites tailored to meet your preference and needs. If you do not wish to participate in this activity, visit www.aboutads.info to learn how to opt-out of this process. Please understand: utilizing the www.aboutads.info opt-out tool may remove you from not only the advertising networks we work with, but also unaffiliated advertising networks. In addition, the tool may rely on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you. Therefore, if you use different devices, change web browsers, or delete these cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the opt-out tasks again.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personal Information via email or free text boxes, such as when you contact the Company to request further information. When providing your Personal Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information or other sensitive personal data, unless required for our services.
Moreover, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
- How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing the information, products and services you request;
- security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- providing you with effective customer service;
- providing you with a personalized experience when you use this Website;
- contacting you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- contacting you with information and notices related to your use of this Website;
- inviting you to participate in surveys and providing feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- better understanding your needs and interests;
- improving the content, functionality and usability of this Website;
- improving our products and services;
- improving our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
- How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party. We may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose your Personal Information, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the purposes set forth in the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for one or more business purposes:
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other network activity information; and
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates; and
- Third party vendors who provide services that enhance our Website, products and services to you (such as vendors for credit card processing, advertising and marketing and customer support).
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Legal Reasons.
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- To respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; or
- To respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or Company employee.”
- Sale of Business or Merger. There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
- Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. When possible, we will always provide options as to what information we collect and how you can manage any preferences that pertains to such information.
If we ever provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages, such as delivery confirmation messages, are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
- Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage, or contact us directly for assistance.
- Information of Minors
We do not intentionally seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not target the Website to minors, and would not expect them to be engaging with our Website or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
- Third-party Websites
- Social Networks
We may offer you the ability to create or login to your account with us through accounts you may have with various social network platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter (each, a “Social Network Account”). To do so, you may be required to provide, or allow our services to access, your Social Network Account login information. By granting us access to your Social Network Account, you understand and agree that we may access, make available, and store any content that you have provided to and stored in your Social Network Account (e.g., friends, mutual friends, contacts, etc.). We may make this information available on or through our Website and to our users. You may be able to restrict what information is shared and how it is used through privacy and other settings. Also, depending on the privacy settings you have set in your Social Network Account, Personal Information may be shared with us and made available through our Website and to our visitors.
- Public Forums
We may offer chat rooms, blogs, message boards, or similar public forums where you and other users of our Website and services can share information and communicate, such as places where you can post your resume’ and/or profile. Any information that you share in a public forum is public information and may be seen or collected by anyone, including third parties that do not adhere to our Policy. We are not responsible for events arising from the distribution of any information you choose to publicly post or share through the Website.
- Your California Rights
Shine the Light law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Do Not Track Signals. Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
California Consumer Rights. If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information. In your request, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Non-Discrimination. If a California data subject exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
- Exercising your rights. If you are a California resident who chooses to exercise the rights listed above, you can:
- Submit a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Call us at [INCLUDE PHONE NUMEBR FOR EITHER SMT OR SMASH FRANCHISE] to submit your request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, we will require proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request.
Responding to Your Request. Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirming receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personal Information. In some instances, such as a request to delete personal information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your personal information before acting on your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, listed below, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- For Website Users or Visitors Around the World
We do not warrant or represent this Policy or the Website’s use of your Personal Information complies with the laws of any jurisdiction outside the United States. Furthermore, to provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
- Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to notify us immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Personal Information.
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.